The Learning and Artificial Neural Networks AYRNAresearch group (TIC-148, "Junta de Andalucía") was founded in 1994 by a small group of researchers interested in the field of Artificial Neural Networks (ANNs) (shallow and deep ANNs). During the last years, the group has diversified its interest areas working in the resolution of different problems through soft computing techniques (artificial neural networks, evolutionary algorithms and other meta-heuristics). Actually, the group consists of 15 doctoral researchers and 3 non doctoral, being Dr. César Hervás Martínez the main researcher of the group.
The Learning and Artificial Neural Networks reseach group (AYRNA) focuses on the following lines of work:
- Shallow Neural Networks.
- Deep Neural Networks.
- Evolutionary Neural Networks.
- Hybrid Product-Unit models (UPs), sigmoids (multilayer perceptron, MLP), radial basis functions (RBFs), etc.
- Hybrid algorithms based on evolutionary computation.
- Multiobjective functions for neural networks and evolutionary models.
- Ensemble learning.
- Ordinal regression.
- Real applications in pollen prediction, predictive microbiology, donor-recipient matching in liver transplantation, remote sensing, etc.