Applications - Economy
- Collaborator Institution: Spanish Inter-Ministerial Commision of Science and Technology, European Regional Development fund and “Junta de Andalucia” (Spain). Department of Management and Quantitative Methods, ETEA, Business Administration Faculty, Spain.
- Main targeted goal: Prediction and classification of economic crises, economic growth and allocating resources to countries.
- Methodological subfield: Supervised Classification, Logistic Regression, Artificial Neural Networks, Evolutionary Computation, Clustering, decision making...
- Methodological contribution: New models for the use of the macroeconomic variables and economical interpretation. New methods with adequacy, adaptability and interpretability in analysing dichotomous classification problems in a very complex environment.
- Impact in domain field: More accuracy in the Research and Development performance classification model in the European Union Member States, new methods for detecting and predicting banking crises. Decision making and economic management in livestock enterprises.
- Cross cultural analysis of direct employee participation: dealing with gender and cultural values
- Valuating the role of Gamification and Flow in e-consumers: Millennials versus Generation X
- Evaluating impacts of university cooperation for development from the voice of the south
- Logistic evolutionary product-unit neural network classifier: the case of agrarian efficiency
- Classification of countries’ progress toward a knowledge economy based on machine learning classification techniques
- A deprivation analysis for Andalusia (Spain): an approach based on structural equations.
- Time series segmentation and statistical characterisation of the Spanish stock market Ibex-35 index
- A guided data projection technique for classification of sovereign ratings: the case of European Union 27
- Rating the Rich: An Ordinal Classification to Determine Which Rich Countries are Helping Poorer Ones the Most
- Addressing remitting behavior using an ordinal classification approach
- Addressing the EU sovereign ratings using an ordinal regression approach
- Non-linear multiclassifier model based on Artificial Intelligence to predict Research and Development Performance in European Countries
- Extreme Learning Machine to Analyze the Level of Default in Spanish Deposit Institutions
- Analysis of Official Development Aid for Basic Social Services in the 21st century
- Evaluation of RD public policy in the European Union: an Expert Knowledge-based and two-stage DEA Approach
- Generalized logistic regression models using neural network basis functions applied to the detection of banking crises
- Hybridizing logistic regression with product unit and RBF networks for accurate detection and prediction of banking crises
- Logistic evolutionary product-unit neural networks: Innovation capacity of poor Guatemalan households
- Multinomial logistic regression and product unit neural network models: Application of a new hybrid methodology for solving a classification problem in the livestock sector
- Large Scale Knowledge-Based Simulation Models: An Approximation to the North-South Remittances Modell