Research on biomass valorisation has been focused in several areas including transformations of biomass-derived platform molecules to high added value chemicals and biofuels (e.g. biodiesel) to microwave-assisted processes with lignocellulosics, algae and other low-cost and waste raw materials.
Current projects include:
- Lignin depolymerisation using novel methodologies and heterogeneous catalysts valorisation of waste feedstocks: from high added value chemicals to carbonaceous materials transformation of platform molecules to biofuels and chemicals
- Valorisation of waste feedstocks: from high added value chemicals to carbonaceous materials
- Transformation of platform molecules to biofuels and chemicals
- Energy Environ. Sci. 2012, 5, 5481-5488
- Energy Environ. Sci. 2012, 5, 5186-5202
- Green Chem. 2011, 13, 3162-3167
- ChemCatChem 2011, 3, 594-597
- Chem. Soc. Rev. 2011, 40, 5266-5281
- Energy Environ. Sci. 2010, 3, 254-257
- Biores. Technol. 2010, 101, 4144-4150
- Energy Environ. Sci. 2010, 3, 1706-1721
|Catal. Sci. Technol.
2016, 6, 4705-4711
|Energy Environ. Sci.
2008, 1, 542-564
|Energy Environ. Sci.
2011, 4, 3913-3929
We have focused our research on a range of supported metals and metal oxide nanoparticle on porous materials. Metals employed to date from noble (Pd, Pt, Ru, Rh) to transition metals including Fe, Co, Cu and Ni. Materials have been prepared using novel methodologies developed in our group including microwave and ball-milling assisted deposition protocols.
- Adv. Synth. Catal. 2011, 353, 3107-3113
- Green Chem. 2012 , 14, 393-402
- Chem. Rev. 2011, 111, 3036-3075
- Chem. Commun. 2010, 46, 7825-7827
- Green Chem. 2010, 12, 1995-2002
- Green Chem. 2010, 12, 1281-1287
2012, 48, 1860-1862
2011, 47, 9024-9035
2010, 12, 1540-1543
NEWS AND EVENTS
20/07/2016 Congratulations to Loles for passing her master defense!
04/07/2016 Warm welcome to our new visitor, Simona for joining in our group!
30/06/2016 Congratulations to Dr Alfonso Yepez for passing his PhD defense!!!
13/05/2016 Release of new lab coat for NanoVal group!!!
04-06/04/2016 Successfully attending the FP1306 COST Action Second Workshop & Third MC Meeting in Dubrovnik, Croatia!
28/03/2016 Congratulations to Daily for passing her Master thesis defence!
15/03/2016 Warm welcome to Maiara to join our group!