Research on biomass valorisation has been focused in several areas including transformations of biomass-derived platform molecules to high added value chemicals and biofuels (e.g. biodiesel) to microwave-assisted processes with lignocellulosics, algae and other low-cost and waste raw materials.
Current projects include:
- Lignin depolymerisation using novel methodologies and heterogeneous catalysts valorisation of waste feedstocks: from high added value chemicals to carbonaceous materials transformation of platform molecules to biofuels and chemicals
- Valorisation of waste feedstocks: from high added value chemicals to carbonaceous materials
- Transformation of platform molecules to biofuels and chemicals
- Energy Environ. Sci. 2012, 5, 5481-5488
- Energy Environ. Sci. 2012, 5, 5186-5202
- Green Chem. 2011, 13, 3162-3167
- ChemCatChem 2011, 3, 594-597
- Chem. Soc. Rev. 2011, 40, 5266-5281
- Energy Environ. Sci. 2010, 3, 254-257
- Biores. Technol. 2010, 101, 4144-4150
- Energy Environ. Sci. 2010, 3, 1706-1721
|Energy Environ. Sci.
2008, 1, 542-564
|Energy Environ. Sci.
2011, 4, 3913-3929
We have focused our research on a range of supported metals and metal oxide nanoparticle on porous materials. Metals employed to date from noble (Pd, Pt, Ru, Rh) to transition metals including Fe, Co, Cu and Ni. Materials have been prepared using novel methodologies developed in our group including microwave and ball-milling assisted deposition protocols.
- Adv. Synth. Catal. 2011, 353, 3107-3113
- Green Chem. 2012 , 14, 393-402
- Chem. Rev. 2011, 111, 3036-3075
- Chem. Commun. 2010, 46, 7825-7827
- Green Chem. 2010, 12, 1995-2002
- Green Chem. 2010, 12, 1281-1287
2012, 48, 1860-1862
2011, 47, 9024-9035
2010, 12, 1540-1543
NEWS AND EVENTS
Position available! For more information, click here!
17/02/2016 Warm welcome to Prof Pokorny from Munich for visiting our lab!
14/01/2016 Successful organization of IX Jornadas de Introducción al Laboratorio Experimental de Química in Facultad de Ciencias!
14/01/2016 Warm welcome Ildiko Kovacsz from ThalesNano, Inc. to install the amazing Phoenix flow reactor!
18/12/2015 Christmas Dinner in Moriles. Merry Chrismas and Happy new year!
07/12/2015 Rafa and Weiyi attended to winter school in in the "Photo4Future" research program in University of Leipzig.
02/12/2015 Omar left Cordoba and went back to Mexico. All the best to Omar!