Quality and efficient use of electric energy
- Analysis and measurement of Electromagnetic Interferences (EMI).
- Disturbance and susceptibility testing of loads.
- Power quality troubleshooting.
- Power system design to better serve ICT loads, "Custom Power".
- Conditioning and compensation within three-phase system with electrical disturbances.
- Electronic Systems Design for Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) Compliance.
- Design of fault tolerant industrial systems.
- Lighting control (streetlighting and in-building).
Distributed Energy Resources: Information technology and Engineering
- Advanced electrical distribution automation.
- Smart Grids. Micro Grids.
- Instrumentation, sensors and signal conditioning.
- Large scale grid integration of renewable energy sources.
- Communication infraestructures and wireless technologies, WSNs.
- System on Chip.
- Smart Metering. Smart Homes.
- Smart Lighting.
- Smart Cities and Communities.
- Internet of Energy.