Research on biomass valorisation has been focused in several areas including transformations of biomass-derived platform molecules to high added value chemicals and biofuels (e.g. biodiesel) to microwave-assisted processes with lignocellulosics, algae and other low-cost and waste raw materials.
Current projects include:
- Lignin depolymerisation using novel methodologies and heterogeneous catalysts valorisation of waste feedstocks: from high added value chemicals to carbonaceous materials transformation of platform molecules to biofuels and chemicals
- Valorisation of waste feedstocks: from high added value chemicals to carbonaceous materials
- Transformation of platform molecules to biofuels and chemicals
- Energy Environ. Sci. 2012, 5, 5481-5488
- Energy Environ. Sci. 2012, 5, 5186-5202
- Green Chem. 2011, 13, 3162-3167
- ChemCatChem 2011, 3, 594-597
- Chem. Soc. Rev. 2011, 40, 5266-5281
- Energy Environ. Sci. 2010, 3, 254-257
- Biores. Technol. 2010, 101, 4144-4150
- Energy Environ. Sci. 2010, 3, 1706-1721
|Catal. Sci. Technol.
2016, 6, 4705-4711
|Energy Environ. Sci.
2008, 1, 542-564
|Energy Environ. Sci.
2011, 4, 3913-3929
We have focused our research on a range of supported metals and metal oxide nanoparticle on porous materials. Metals employed to date from noble (Pd, Pt, Ru, Rh) to transition metals including Fe, Co, Cu and Ni. Materials have been prepared using novel methodologies developed in our group including microwave and ball-milling assisted deposition protocols.
- Adv. Synth. Catal. 2011, 353, 3107-3113
- Green Chem. 2012 , 14, 393-402
- Chem. Rev. 2011, 111, 3036-3075
- Chem. Commun. 2010, 46, 7825-7827
- Green Chem. 2010, 12, 1995-2002
- Green Chem. 2010, 12, 1281-1287
2012, 48, 1860-1862
2011, 47, 9024-9035
2010, 12, 1540-1543
NEWS AND EVENTS
LIGNOVAL Third Workshop & Fourth MC Meeting of The FP1306 COST Action will be held soon in Torremolinos, Spain, on 27-28 of March 2017. Detailed Information
NANOVAL team wishes you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!
09/11/2016 Photo4Future Winter School "Minisymposium on Catalyst Design and Applications" was successfully organized. Many thanks to the invited speakers and audiences for participating in this event!