Research on biomass valorisation has been focused in several areas including transformations of biomass-derived platform molecules to high added value chemicals and biofuels (e.g. biodiesel) to microwave-assisted processes with lignocellulosics, algae and other low-cost and waste raw materials.
Current projects include:
- Lignin depolymerisation using novel methodologies and heterogeneous catalysts valorisation of waste feedstocks: from high added value chemicals to carbonaceous materials transformation of platform molecules to biofuels and chemicals
- Valorisation of waste feedstocks: from high added value chemicals to carbonaceous materials
- Transformation of platform molecules to biofuels and chemicals
- Energy Environ. Sci. 2012, 5, 5481-5488
- Energy Environ. Sci. 2012, 5, 5186-5202
- Green Chem. 2011, 13, 3162-3167
- ChemCatChem 2011, 3, 594-597
- Chem. Soc. Rev. 2011, 40, 5266-5281
- Energy Environ. Sci. 2010, 3, 254-257
- Biores. Technol. 2010, 101, 4144-4150
- Energy Environ. Sci. 2010, 3, 1706-1721
|Catal. Sci. Technol.
2016, 6, 4705-4711
|Energy Environ. Sci.
2008, 1, 542-564
|Energy Environ. Sci.
2011, 4, 3913-3929
We have focused our research on a range of supported metals and metal oxide nanoparticle on porous materials. Metals employed to date from noble (Pd, Pt, Ru, Rh) to transition metals including Fe, Co, Cu and Ni. Materials have been prepared using novel methodologies developed in our group including microwave and ball-milling assisted deposition protocols.
- Adv. Synth. Catal. 2011, 353, 3107-3113
- Green Chem. 2012 , 14, 393-402
- Chem. Rev. 2011, 111, 3036-3075
- Chem. Commun. 2010, 46, 7825-7827
- Green Chem. 2010, 12, 1995-2002
- Green Chem. 2010, 12, 1281-1287
2012, 48, 1860-1862
2011, 47, 9024-9035
2010, 12, 1540-1543
NEWS AND EVENTS
12/01/2018Congratulations for the NEW PAPER published in Science!
08/01/2018Welcome Antonio and Mario to join FMQ-383 NANOVAL group!
18/12/2017The FMQ-383 NANOVAL group wishes you a Merry Chrismas and Happy New Year!
15/12/2017Congratulations to Simona for passing her defense!
14/12/2017The FMQ-383 NANOVAL group was awarded the Level 1 certificate for the Trebol program by SEPA of UCO!!!