The School of Veterinary Medicine The programme in Veterinary Science was founded in 1847. In 1943 the school
became a Faculty and nowadays is is the only one in Andalusia region. The current programme of studies was
implemented in the 2003-2004 academic year and is governed by European directives under the supervision of
The programme in Food Science and Technology was incorporated into the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine as one
of the UCO’s own degree programmes in 1989. The current programme was implemented in the 2001-2002 academic
year. Instruction is given in conjunction with the Faculty of Pharmacy at the University of Granada.