The project is funded through the “Europa Redes y Gestores – Europa Centros Tecnológicos 2020” call, part of the State Program for Knowledge Generation and Scientific and Technological Strengthening of the R&D&i system, within the framework of the State Plan for Scientific and Technological Research and Innovation 2017-20 by the Ministry of Science and Innovation.
The grants from this Call are aimed at strengthening the support structures for Spanish participation in European and international initiatives in science and technology, especially in the European Research and Innovation Framework Programme for the period 2021-2027, Horizon Europe.
The project submitted by the University of Córdoba, “Consolidation of International Projection at the University of Córdoba” (“CONSOLIDA-UCO“), Ref. ECT2020-000810, funded by MCIN/AEI/10.13039/501100011033 and, as of the notification on 28/09/2021, by the European Union “NextGenerationEU”/PRTR, will receive €210,142 for the execution of activities between 01/01/2021 and 12/31/2022.
The objectives of this project are as follows:
- Consolidation of the Office of International Projects (OPI) as an efficient, dynamic, and proactive service in supporting researchers in all phases of European projects.
- Prepare and develop the UCO’s participation strategy in the new European multi-annual framework 2021-2027.
- Increase the number of applications, success rate, and leadership in international R&D&i programs.
- Enhance international visibility and improve the international projection of the University of Córdoba.
- Promote the formation of new consortia and partnerships, closer collaboration with the industrial sector, and market-oriented research. Encourage collaboration with other actors in the Spanish science and technology system.
This grant represents a reinforcement for achieving the objectives set out in the Strategic Plan for Support to the Internationalization of R&D&i 2020/2024 by strengthening the international projection activities of the UCO, the leadership of its researchers, and success in future international project proposals.